This has reportedly happened. It makes no sense, believe me.
So these are some possible reasons as to why this is what is going on with this:
- Brandon Belt saved a cat belonging to Brian Sabean’s arch rival neighbor.
- “Hometown discount” meant “hometown mid-season release guaranteed.”
- Alex Hinshaw is blackmailing Sabean with pictures of Sabean on a carousel with puppies.
- The new theory is that outfielders and middle infielders can win championships.
- Hinshaw is a roster ninja.
- They couldn’t remember how to accidentally DFA a player.
- Aaron Rowand is Aaron Rowand.
- Belt doesn’t have enough veteran grit.
- Emmanuel Burriss is a clubhouse ninja.
- Belt didn’t have enough experience to become a ninja.
And so, we await another week where Belt will be called up again, only to sit on the bench until the season ends. Of course.
UPDATE: CSN issued a false report. Pat Burrell is not being released and Brandon Belt was not sent down. We apologize for the misinformation, as CSN is normally a credible source of news.